Easter - 2018

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Loud Voice in the Sky!

Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again." 29The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him. 30Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." 33He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die".- John 12:28-33


I wonder what I would do if I heard a voice from the sky? Would I explain it off such as some did in this passage or would I listen to its direction and wisdom?

It is like I have never read this passage before. A voice came down...God has glorified His name and will glorify it again...The voice was for those listening! The glorified name of Jehovah is the declaration of His worship in our Lives!

I wonder what I would do if I heard a voice from the sky? I have the Word of God, the scriptures and there is no doubt that it comes directly from Him. Yet, many times I am explaining it off. I guess there is no reason to wonder.

Lord, help me to never explain off your righteousness and your teaching. Open the eyes of my heart, I want to see you high and lifted up. Thank you for being so glorious. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: