Easter - 2018

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Repurposed - Redeemed - Restored!


"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." - 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV

I am in a Johnson University Master's of New Testament Program that has a great emphasis on Spiritual Formation. I am excited for the program and totally enjoy the work. There is a great deal of research and reading. Two words that start with "re." It is through that connection that I found this little excerpt of a Roy Lessin devotion. It has a great thought for us today.

There are many "RE" words that are packed with hope and encouragement. The word REpurpose reminds us that many things once discarded, considered useless, and put aside for the trash heap, can be brought back, become useful once again, have value, and take on new meaning.

In the Scriptures we find some wonderful "RE" words that can keep hope and encouragement alive and thriving in our hearts and help us to discover the new things God is doing in our lives.

--Roy Lessin, excerpt from his New Devotional: REpurposed.

So many people, including myself, need to hear these "re" words. I pray and seek to live a life that is filled with repurpose, redemption, and restoration. I have not read the book...yet. With these thoughts, I am looking for it and will be reading it very soon. I will let you know as soon as I get it!

You know I love ya, Don

No comments: