Easter - 2018

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dream the Impossible / Seek the Unknown / Acheive Greatness!!!


With man all this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26)

Amy Rodgers writes:

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could call on God and He would snap His fingers and make our disappointments and frustrations disappear?

I’m reminded of how God works all things together for a purpose. You can see it in all aspects of nature with God’s animal kingdom – they keep struggling overcoming daily obstacles. I think of students who toil long and hard for degrees, and patients undergoing therapy striving to regain their strength, or artists who paint landscapes, starting over and over until they’re right.

What about life’s disasters? Many thrown our way loom like mountains, but with God’s help we can work through them. Each time we take a step we grow. We feel pride, strength and satisfaction that we could never have experienced if all were handed to us so easily on that first try. There are lessons to learn and lives to touch along the way. At times our mountain prepares us to help others.

For me at this stage in life’s journey, it’s coping with aging parents – a mother who has Alzheimer and has taught me patience, acceptance, grief, and how to let go of the small stuff – a father undergoing dialysis showing me strength, humility, pain, and compliancy.

When we look back at what we have accomplished and endured with God’s help in moving that mountain and carrying our cross we can see ruts and furrows along the way. Where did they come from? I know I was not strong enough to make them on my own! I thank God for fellow Christians, for God’s almighty hand and when Jesus picked up our heavy cross and carried it for us.

We must never forget, we pray to a God the does not know or experience the impossible...You know I love ya, Don

No comments: