Easter - 2018

Monday, August 9, 2010

"I'll Be There" Thank You Hello, Dolly Cast for the reminder!

Thus says the LORD, . . . "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you." -Isaiah 43:1, 2 (NRSV)

Hello, Dolly! had a great run...five great shows, two sold out crowds, a terrific cast, crew, and orchestra. Karen brought me roses on the last night. My Mother and my Children were able to come to two shows. There were good friends in the audience every night. I am a blessed man.

At the stage break down and clean-up this afternoon there were a couple dozen people present! It was amazing. I could not help but think of some of the most powerful words as we were working and I pondered the work that had been accomplished over the last 10 weeks.

Most people feel that the most beautiful words ever spoken are "I love you."

But a close second are these: "I'll be there." The commitment to a goal, such as Hello, Dolly says so much to the people working toward the goal, but also the dedication and the ideals of those watching the goal come to fruition. In everyday situations, we surely want to hear them from the plumber when the sink is leaking or from the automobile club when our car has broken down. But even more, we want to hear them from God. We want to hear them when illness strikes, when a friend turns on us, when someone betrays our trust, when a relationship sours. The list could go on almost endlessly. Every day, we face situations where we cannot bear to be alone.

And we won't be. "No matter what," God says, "I'll be there." (See Hebrews 13:8.) The waters may be deep, the fires may be hot, the shadows may loom large. But God comes to us and walks with us. And sometimes God carries us and gives us rest.

We do not have to go it alone. God will be there.

Thank you to a terrific cast, crew, and orchestra....you have allowed me the opportunity to have a marvelous memory that will last eternity. I pray it will be for you as well. You also reminded me of some of the most beautiful words, "I will be there." You know I love ya, Don

No comments: