Easter - 2018

Monday, July 13, 2009

Seeking God's Heart!

"These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me."
Jesus - Matthew 15:8
Today, many believers draw near and honor God with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him. They have an outward show and profession of service to God, but fail to be motivated by an inward principle of love and faith. The Apostle Paul describes them as disobedient because "they profess that they know God; but in works they deny him" (Titus 1:16). Some go so far as to give mental assent to truth, but lack a willingness to receive God's provision by appropriating truth.

Jesus was often confronted by scribes and Pharisees who habitually put on an outward appearance of holiness, but lacked inward, divine substance from the Word of God. Their lives were characterized by false professions, hypocritical statements and lip service. In Proverbs 26:23, they have "burning lips, and a wicked heart."

God desires His people to render willing and obedient service based upon the love of Christ that constrains us, the work of the Spirit that draws us, and the promises of God that motivate us.
"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
Lord, help me to examine my hearts each time I offer my service, and letting my professions be from my hearts that are in total submission to YOU. My you be pleased in "how" I lay down my life for the sake of others. In Jesus Name, Amen.

You know I Love Ya, Don

No comments: