Easter - 2018

Monday, June 22, 2009

Stepping Aside

No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse.- Psalm 25:3
There are times my day seems like everyone is an "expert" and my job is to follow submissively. It is usually the same day that I want everyone to do what I tell them to do. Then I read psalm 25 and see that God does not override people's will, and we are not to do so either. Instead of trying to control people or situations, we are to pray that we will "hear" God's leading.

I am working on taking this approach; "If someone persists in doing something his or her own way, I am going to demonstrate confidence in God by stepping aside." I may learn a new way or they may learn a new way. God is big enough to get both of us out of any mess we make. The successful key is...He will get the glory and I get the honor of trusting Him.

You know I love ya, Don

No comments: