Easter - 2018

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Prophecy for today!

“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.”- 2 Thessalonians 3:3
Some would say this Thessalonians passage is prophetic. I would agree in the simplest structure. Most prophecy is the the expression of common sense future events using God given wisdom and discernment.

This is not a prophetic writing about how and when the world will end. It is not prophetic in how it tells the future events to come in the Christ's return. It does not even tell us how the evil one will attack.

It is prophecy to me in that it tell me: (1) The evil one will attack. The evil one is clever and devious. He stabs at me when I least expect it. He is cunning and often beautiful. He is attractive and hard to resist. He will attack.

This passage tells me (2) God is faithful. A Christ-follower needs a faithful friend when the evil one attacks. God's faithfulness and steadfast support is the perfect weapon against these attacks. God will never let us down or disappoint us. It is against God's nature to run the other direction. It is also against God's loving character to leave us or forsake us.

This passage also tells me (3) God will strengthen me. I need strength. The flesh is hard enough to fight and when the attacks of the evil one and his minions come, I need strength.

It also gives me the prophecy that (4) God will protect me. I was at a the Zionsville Fly-in and there was a demonstration of the new smart car. It is a very small car made by Mercedes-Benz and has a complete steel cage around it's frame. It also gets fantastic gas mileage. I had plenty of room and I was comfortable. IT SCARED ME TO DEATH....what if a semi-truck ran me over? It probably would not matter if I was in the van or the smart car. The Semi would run me over regardless...but at least in the van I worry about it a little less. God is my protection in all things, therefore, I don't have to worry at all...I like that.

So, today lets focus on this great prophecy...."Even when the attacks come, the Lord is faithful to strengthen and protect me." You know I love ya - Don

No comments: