Easter - 2018

Monday, September 22, 2008

Heaven, New York, and Welcome Home

(Click on the picture to see it fully)
I love this picture. I took it last week at Keuka Lake in Mid-State New York. I am standing on the pier about six feet off shore and the water is about 12-14 inches deep. The water is so clear, it looks as if it was only a couple of inches deep. The weather was about 75 degrees and there was not a cloud in the sky! We had a great time!



I think I love this picture so much because it reminds me of 1 Corinthians 13:12, "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." The water was so clear it was hard to tell how deep or shallow the water was. I think Heaven will be like that. God's love will be so deep, pure, and immersing that it will be overwhelming (in a good way - like a good cup of tea or slice of Karen's homemade cheesecake) and there will be family and friends along with Jesus, and we will have a new heart! I am looking forward to my new heart that no longer has a sinful nature.

It was also good to come home...I love going on vacation, but it is always good to come home and drink your own water, take a shower in your own shower, and sleep in your own bed. Heaven will be like that too. There will be no longing for something more or a desire to wander, but we will be home. We will be able to look around and realized we made it home because we trusted and believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. (I pray I will get to see you there too.)

I find great comfort in these words and as gaze into the this great picture. I pray the words and the picture will give you comfort that some day all believers will make it home....you know I love ya, Don

No comments: