Easter - 2018

Monday, September 1, 2008

Change, Challenges, Stretching, and Hope!

This morning I learned that a ministry friend of ours is moving to a new congregation after 14 years. God is leading him to a new work and he is leaving with a strong reputation along with that is a large congregation that will have a hole, but also a fantastic legacy of worship and declaration of how much God is worth in their lives. Well done!

This got me to consider God's work and the Kingdom we all minister in. I am continually amazed at how God does not see a plurality of churches, but one church in the singular. There are times when God paints a new picture for a congregation and the minister is not in the picture. Praise the Lord, He also is painting a new picture for another group of believers with that minister in the picture with a totally new
(and often renewing) abundance of life. Jesus told Peter, "I will build my church and the gates of Hades will not prevail against her." (Don's Paraphrase) The unity we share is also proportional to the abundance we grow and stretch.

Change is the hard part of the equation. It is hard to process the abilities and education that comes with change. I have discovered that as we change, we are challenged and with challenge comes growth. I think this is much of what Paul was talking about in Romans chapter 5. Paul's words of challenge and growth guides us to a production of "Hope."

The key to this equation is to not compromise on doctrine. The only way to know if you are not compromising is to know what the Bible teaches. Thus, a believer needs to be in the word daily and sometimes more than once a day. There is also a deep need to listen to God in prayer. I have found some of the best counsel in this world is to wait and listen to God's direction. There are also times that waiting for God is the hardest challenge. God's timing is so perfect, that I often get anxious and jump ahead or not move at all.

What I like most is that Jesus truly grants his words of Matthew 11:30, "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (
NKJV) It is not about us AND we are not alone in the process. WOW! That will preach.

Have a great Monday and you know we love ya,

No comments: