Easter - 2018

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Is the world in crisis....or am I over-reacting?

Are things in a crisis? With all the politics taking place these last few days, I was think about a event that took place awhile back....stricter laws to protect people from questionable banking practices were issued. Banks had to change some of their policies to comply. To notify me of such changes, my bank sent me a letter. But when I got to the end I had more questions than answers. The use of phrases like “we may” and “at our discretion” certainly didn’t sound like anything I could depend on!

In contrast, the Old Testament quotes God as saying “I will” numerous times. God promises David: “I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever” (2 Sam. 7:12-13). No uncertainty in those words. Recognizing God’s faithfulness to His promises, King Solomon says in his prayer of dedication for the temple: “You have kept what You promised Your servant David my father; You have both spoken with Your mouth and fulfilled it with Your hand” (2 Chron. 6:15). Centuries later, the apostle Paul said that all of God’s promises are “yes” in Christ (2 Cor. 1:20).

In a world of uncertainty, our trust is in a faithful God who will always keep His promises.
Whatever trouble may assail, 
Of this we can be sure: 
God’s promises can never fail, 
They always will endure. —Hess
As for me and my house, we will trust the Lord! I also know without doubt...strength will rise for those who wait on God. You know I love ya, Don

No comments: