Easter - 2018

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fear disappears when we see the large wings!

"In the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge".... Psalm 57

Every felt a little scared? Maybe over the economy? or Work? or Family Relationships? or Sickness?...there are a great deal of things that can scare us in life. I found this story and it helps to encourage us in times of fear...

I was on a crowded plane about to take off in a raging thunderstorm. As we cruised down the runway, a bolt of lightning lit up the darkness, shining on the plane’s silver wing and on a memory from another trip.

My husband and I were on a second honeymoon to Bermuda.  On Sunday, we went to a small church near our motel. During the service,the minister introduced his mother who’d recently moved from the United States to live with him. He invited her to come forward and say a few words and sing a special song.

An elderly woman, frail and stooped, made her way slowly to the pulpit. I strained to hear her. “I’d never flown before I came here a few weeks ago,” she said in a thin, reedy voice. “But it was the only way I could be with my son and his family. When I boarded the plane, the kind stewardess helped buckle me into my seat. My heart pounded like it would burst. But then I looked out the window and saw this big silver wing. It called up the words of an old hymn, reminding me under Whose protection I was kept.”

And now, on this dark and stormy flight, with the plane feeling as fragile as a toy, I remembered:

Under His wings I am safely abiding.
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild,
still I will trust Him; I know He will keep me.
He has redeemed me and I am His child.
Under His wings, under His wings, who from His love can sever?
Under His wings, my soul shall abide, safely abide forever.

Almighty God, as I lift my eyes to You, I soar above the storm.
By Shari Smyth
God has big wings...may we never forget on whose wings we truly fly! You know I love ya, Don

No comments: