Easter - 2018

Monday, March 7, 2011

Intentional Living!

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. -Matthew 5:8 (NRSV)

A more accurate translation of that Greek phrase "pure in heart" would be "single in focus." That makes a huge difference! While complete moral purity may be beyond my grasp, I can "focus" - or at least come closer. Keeping our focus on God, who truly knows and loves each of us in spite of our sins and weaknesses, leads us to forgiveness and strength.

King David is a powerful example for me. As great a man as he was, he was far from perfect. As a result of David's losing his focus on God and following his unwholesome desires, he fell into sin. We also know that when David sincerely repented, God restored him. The same holds true for us today.

Like David, I too have struggles and disappointments. And I must fight them as zealously as David fought his. Daily I must return my focus to God in order to learn and do God's work. My strength lies in knowing that I am not alone in my effort, that God is always there for me. When we fix our eyes on Jesus and what his sacrifice means for today our intentional living becomes a way of life.

You know I love ya and looking serve intentionally! Don



No comments: