Easter - 2018

Monday, November 16, 2009

Other's Thanksgiving

It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. - 2 Corinthians 4:13-15
We believe, so we speak. All this is for our benefit so that more people can give thanks to God for God's glory. What a great truth in the Word for us in this time of year. Many times the work of the Gospel gets tiresome, yet it is truly rewarding. Where is the reward? The reward is in the gift of seeing others giving thanks.

We are all on a journey of faith. I have found that as a Christ-follower, true reward is seeing others grow in Christ. I have also found that I grow in my walk with Jesus in the desire to see others giving thanks as well. It is so easy in "today's" church to focus on my needs, my desires, my thoughts on "how" church should be. True worship is not self-seeking...just as love is not self-seeking. So, how can we think only of our wants and desire while entering the throne room of God to give Him thanks? I do not believe we can.

So, the next time we step into a corporate worship setting, lets remember worship is not for us, but that our speaking is for the purpose of serving others so they might give thanks to God and ultimately for God's glory and adoration. It is interesting to note that as we seek to please the God we love by serving others and giving of truth to each other, God pours out blessing and rewards that last throughout eternity. Thus, our faith is revealed.

Lord, help me to believe so that I have the words to speak. Help me to proclaim the message that You are alive and working among your people. I also ask you to help me to serve and give thanks in my actions, my heart's desires, and my thoughts. You are a great God and it is a privilege to know that because you are God, life is worth living. Thank you. Amen.

I am giving thanks for you today. May we speak with boldness so that others can give thanks. You know I love ya - Don

No comments: