Easter - 2018

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On the Wooden Line!

Psalm 31:1-3
1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.

2 Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

I love this passage. I think it is my life verse....at least for now. I love that I can take refuge in God. It also amazes me that God's reputation is at stake on my behalf. As a Christ follower, I have committed to submitting my will to God's direction and ultimate plan. In return, He is willing to allow me to take refuge, to seek rescue, and to stand on His promises like they are solid ground that will never quake. It is through my faith that I will be faithful because I would not want God's name to have a tarnished reputation BUT ALSO, God will never back out because His name and reputation are put on the line for me....WOW! that is a little heavier than I thought it would turn out to be.

God put His reputation on the wooden line or should I say on the cross beam at Calvary. It is imperative that I (we) never take advantage of that reputation and cling to His mercies that are new every morning. In order to find comfort in the task before us, I cling to the closing line of Jude (another favorite verse) Now to Him who is able to keep me from falling and to present me without blemish goes all the glory and honor. He can keep me from tarnishing His name....another promise that brings comfort. Thank You, Lord.

You know we love ya, Don


No comments: