Easter - 2018

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Life, More Life, the Most Life - reprint

I was reviewing some of my old blogs and ran across the following from October 2008. It struck me again. Thus, I probably aught to post it again. Still love the following quote:

"You only live once - but if you work it right, once is enough." - Joe Lewis


I love this quote. I think it brings a biblical truth to the reality of what life is all about. Another quote I remember came from my Mom as a plaque in our home as I was growing up. It read, "Only one life will soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last."

Taking an inventory of my working, serving, and giving to the Lord is an important task we all share as Christians. What more can we give? He gave everything to us. Our Worship Choir sings a song titled, "Everything", words and music By Caleb Collins and Marty Funderburk;
Here in the stillness I can hear Your spirit Call.
Here in the moment, Lord, You're asking for my all.
How could Your holiness require any less than all I am and
All I'll ever be.

Here in the quiet I recall Your sacrifice,
And how You suffered; how You paid love's greatest price.
So, when You call my name, Lord, I will do the same,
Because of Calvary.

My heart, my mind, my soul, my life;
Today and tomorrow, for all eternity,
I'll give you everything,
Because You gave everything for me.

Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10). My prayer today is that I will never take advantage of the reality of work in life. My service, my giving, my all...are the means God gives to declare His worth in my life. Therefore, this life is not long enough, but if I work and serve Jesus and His Kingdom, then it will be eternal and full. How could I respond any other way other than everything.

You know I love ya - Don

No comments: