Easter - 2018

Monday, August 24, 2009

Ultimate Jump! Worship - God is eternal.

Most of us would probably agree that God is eternal. But how many of us truly meditate and contemplate what it truly means that God is eternal and what does it mean to our worship. Each of us had a beginning; everything in existence began on a particular day, at a specific time.

Everything but God...has a starting point. Almighty Jehovah never had a beginning. (If you are ever asked if God has everything, you can say no. God does not have a beginning.) He always has been. Before there was an earth, a universe, or even angels, God was there. God exists outside of time, and since we are within time, there is no way we will ever totally grasp that concept.

Not being able to fully understand God is frustrating, yet is expands our worship to new heights. It is also ridiculous for us to think we have the right to limit God to something so that we can be capable to comprehend it. What a stunted, insignificant god would ours be if he had a start. If my mind is the size of a soda can and God is the size of all the oceans, it would be foolish for me to say He is only the small amount of water so that I can scoop Him into my little can. God is so much bigger, so far beyond out time-encased, air/food/sleep-dependent lives. This makes him the Lord over all my dependencies.

Lets stop here, even if just for a moment, and join me in making this day a day to glorify the eternal God. "But you, O Lord, sit enthroned forever: Your renown endures through all generation...but You remain the same, and Your years will never end." (Psalm 102:12, 27)

He always was, always is, and always will be. I like this truth...I am His and He is mine, thus I have a secure eternal existence.

You know I love ya - Don

No comments: