Easter - 2018

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

United brings Him Glory!

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 15:5-6
Have you ever served on a team or committee that has a hard time agreeing? Maybe it is only a team of two and it is still hard to find common ground? I don't know about you, but I have and it is very difficult in our society to find a common thread of united purpose. There is usually a great deal of compromise and people have to give and take and over-all the final product is just o.k. with everyone, instead of it being a spectacular final production.

This verse speaks to me about unity and the power of the Holy Spirit in uniting Christ-followers for the purpose of glorifying God. We are all very different and have many opinions and thoughts. Yet, when we unify our hearts, minds, souls, and our strengths for a "God-Calling" the results are amazing.

I often tell my church choirs that we are to sing so that it sounds like "one" voice. Why? First, it is pleasant to the ear and understandable to those listening. Second, it is a testimony that a diverse people with many opinions and bias backgrounds are working toward a single goal....glorifying the God they love. With all the diversity and lack of unity in our world today (just look at Washington D.C.), getting 30-40 people on the same page to sing and praise the Lord is a miracle of the Holy Spirit.

I love my job and I am very thankful for the service God has allowed for my journey...I am especially blessed by the willingness of Christ-followers to work together in "UNITY" while allowing God to encourage all of us to bring Him glory, honor, and adoration.

You know I love ya - Don

P.S. I don not believe in coexisting...there is only ONE way to true unity and it is through the power of the Cross and Jesus Christ. It is amazing when Christ-followers open their eyes and hearts to His love...anything else is just getting along.

No comments: