Easter - 2018

Monday, May 4, 2009

Docking in God's Refuge!

1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. 2 Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. 3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. 4 Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. 5 Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth. - Psalm 31


I woke up this morning with a head cold. I also woke up thinking of this scripture. I am not sure if that is related, but it works. My nose itches, my eyes are watering, and my throat is scratchy. (No, you cannot catch it through your computer.) My day is filled with things to do and NOW I have a cold.

I find comfort in God's refuge. Knowing that I am sheltered in the arms of God bring protection. I can figuratively dock my boat in His refuge and the waves of life will not toss or bring turmoil. It is also reassuring that He will never let us be put to shame and that we can be delivered in his righteousness. I understand why Jesus quoted these words while hanging on the cross.

Whatever life throws at us (even head colds)....we can always take refuge in God's abundance and grace. "Thank you God, for loving me today and providing me a refuge in your love, grace and power. May I never take you for granted and always remain faithful to you. In Jesus' name, Amen."

You know I love ya - Don

No comments: