Easter - 2018

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Faithfulness

“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.”- Deuteronomy 7:9
Faithful...if you watch much T.V. or Movies loyalty and faithfulness is often compromised. Most everything that comes out of Washington D.C. is promises that are compromised. I was driving last night and found myself going 75 in a 70 zone, thus I was not being faithful to the law. So, what does it mean to be faithful?

Faithful is:
1 :
full of faith
2
: steadfast in affection or allegiance : loyal
3: firm in adherence to promises or in observance of duty : conscientious
4: given with strong assurance : binding faithful promise>
5
: true to the facts, to a standard, or to an original
faithful copy>

(These are from Merriam-webster site.)

God is Faithful...He is steadfast, He is firm in His promises, He is given with strong assurance, He is true to the facts/standards, and He is full of faith. I wonder what means for God to be full of faith? Then I read the passage above...He has faith in me. He has faith to keep His relationship with me pure and holy. He will love me beyond my abilities to be faithful to Him. He also has complete assurance in my future and complete hope in what is yet to come in me.

This truth is medicine to a sick world...a sick Christian Community....a weary Christ-follower...a simple believer like Don Crane. The awesome REALITY is this applies to EVERY Christ-follower.

You know I love ya - Don

No comments: