Easter - 2018

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Filled with Hope

“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17


This verse is filled with hope!

A. The Lord will command. I love the Lord's commands. He is safe and just. He is compassionate and filled with wisdom. He is also love. Perfect commands bring abundant life and total hope.

B. We will be reunited with our loved ones that were Christ-followers. There is no loss in death except for the loss of the sinful nature. Then when we are reunited, we will experience total unity in heart, mind, and soul to recognize the completion of our hope.

C. We will be with Jesus. I don't think there is anything that will be more hopeful than a future of being with Jesus. If you are familiar with the song, "I bowed on my knees" there is a line that states, "I want to see Jesus for He is the One who died for me." I know Jesus because He lives in my heart, but I am ready to see Jesus. That will be when my faith (that which I hope for) will be made sight.

This verse is filled with hope.

"Almighty God, thank you for hope. Thank you for being the source of all hope. Thank you for filling my day with hope so that I may serve you and bring hope to others. In Jesus' name I say thanks. Amen."

You know I love ya - Don

No comments: