Easter - 2018

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Depth of Knowledge AND Extreme Home Makeover!




"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!”- Romans 11:33



It is amazing to watch "Extreme Makeover Home Addition." They were in Indianapolis and we don't typically watch this show, but since it was in Indy we watched. Of course, the tears started flowing at the beginning. The show was helping a Dad and his three sons. The dad is big on knowledge and education. It reminded me of this scripture.


I grew up in a home that taught, "learning does not ever stop." In fact, my parents demonstrated to us that most education comes outside of the classroom. I could not agree more with the reality that formal education is essential for a productive citizen...and also in the life of the Christ-follower. I also totally agree that in hard work, service, and true listening (everyday life) we learn the "how" for abundance in living.


This verse also tells me that there is a "depth" in God's wisdom and knowledge. Yet, so many times I try to use my own "know-how" in making choices. God's judgements are unsearchable and His path is beyond imagination. I learned so much at Pacific Christian College and Johnson Bible College. I also learned life skills and trust skills.


I can testify to how God uses our formal education to increase our life exprience education. I learned more in the seven weeks when Matthew was born than in the seven years of college and seminary. In Matthew's birth, open heart surgery, the people we met, the love of so many people, family, a wonderful mother, and a Godly wife...I learned to trust God. God's depth is deeper and it still is overwhelming me today.


"Thank you Father God for the depth of your love, knowledge and wisdom. Thank you for my formal education and thank you for my life education. I bow before you to take me deeper in every part of life. Amen."


You know I love ya - Don


I also think it is pretty cool that Sears paid off the McFarland's mortage. Thanks Extreme Makeover Home Edition for coming to Indianapolis.

No comments: