Easter - 2018

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Don't let the fog roll in ...


It was June 18, 1815, the Battle of Waterloo. The French under the command of Napoleon were fighting the Allies (British, Dutch, and Germans) under the command of Wellington. The people of England depended on a system of semaphore signals to find out how the battle was going. One of these signal stations was on the tower of Winchester Cathedral. Late in the day it flashed the signal: "W-E-L-L-I-N-G-T-O-N---D-E-F-E-A-T-E-D- -." Just at that moment one of those sudden English fog clouds made it impossible to read the message. The news of defeat quickly spread throughout the city. The whole countryside was sad and gloomy when they heard the news that their country had lost the war.

Because of the fog, people went around without hope and ignorance. The message behind the fog stated; “"W-E-L-L-I-N-G-T-O-N---D-E-F-E-A-T-E-D--- N-A-P-O-L-E-O-N-!."

I want to talk to you today about my number one enemy! I truly hate Satan and look forward to the great day of destruction for him and his minions. He has caused such heartache in my life and lives of others, that I despise him.
 
Satan moves like the fog. He uses our sin as cover for truth. When we respond to the clouded fog and deception without thinking things through, he succeeds in dividing our house. 

Jesus does not tolerate Satan, his minions, or the deception … so I ask you today, “why do we?”

You know I love ya, Don

No comments: