Easter - 2018

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Greatest Serve with Expectation!

Jesus offers the expectation for those who serve in the Kingdom of God. He states in Luke 22:29-30, “And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”

Jesus teaches that the greatest in the kingdom serve with the method of expectation. Jesus expects us to serve and he also tells us to serve with an expectation that God is a good God, with the expectation that we can expect the person in who we are serving will receive a blessing from our service...even if that person does not appreciate it. At the time Jesus tells his disciples these declarations of a kingdom, they did not appreciate that God's kingdom is a kingdom built on serving others.

I love this picture...so many of us serve with the expectation that we will be served in the process. That we will serve and turn into this super buff spiritual Christian...yet we are so busy thinking about the “me” that we forget that service is about the “THEM.” The church is filled with soft cuddly puppies sitting on a cushion waiting for God to rub their belly because of their service...the greatest in God's Kingdom serve with the expectation that God will be served, God's name will be recognized as worthy of allowing me to serve, and transformation will take place within the one serving....

Serving with expectation is not about the “me,” serving in God's Kingdom is about serving the “THEM.” 

You know I love ya, Don 

No comments: