Easter - 2018

Monday, May 6, 2013

I'm Hungry in a whole new way....

Karen S. Wylie (Texas, USA) offers this story and it resonates with me today....
Four-year-old Brenda slipped unseen from her mother’s pew. She walked down the aisle to the front of the church, where her pastor stood making the weekly announcements. Taking the pastor’s hand, she announced, “I’m hungry!” The embarrassed mother hurried to retrieve her child and bring her back to the pew. She assured the youngster that they would eat when they got home. The little girl’s statement stuck with me as the service continued. How many of us have come to church “hungry” today? Are the others in the congregation spiritually hungry for more of God? Am I? Did I enter the sanctuary expecting to be spiritually fed from the Lord’s table? 

Now each Sabbath I make a conscious effort to come to church hungry. I wait expectantly for the Holy Spirit to feed my heart and soul. Then I continue my spiritual journey, nourished, invigorated, and fed.
This is a great story and it has some very strong teaching elements to it. It reminds me of Matthew 5:6 which states; "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." I want to know God more in everyday. 

You know I love ya, Don

No comments: