Easter - 2018

Monday, May 2, 2011

Singing Makes all the Difference!

Isaiah 12:1-6 - "In that day you will say:

“I will praise you, LORD. Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away and you have comforted me. Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.

The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

In that day you will say: “Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.
Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world.
Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.”

I listened with delight as Matthew and Alice sing to me. His happy face mirrored what their words expressed. Often, singing enables us to express longings, hopes, and dreams that cannot be shared by mere spoken or written language.

Isaiah 12:1-6 contains the prophesy that God's people will suffer judgment for their sins and unfaithfulness. But Isaiah also states, "A day is coming when people will sing" (12:1, TEV) in the midst of their suffering. Throughout chapter 12, Isaiah chooses the word sing to describe the exiles' response to God's promise that they would return to their land.

We all deal with losses and disappointments; but we can remain faithful and hopeful because we know that our labor in the Lord is not in vain (See 1 Cor. 15:58) and that God gives us the power and the strength to face life's obstacles. And in the midst of our sadness, suffering, and emptiness, we have Isaiah's promise that a day is coming when we will be able to sing again.

I choose to praise Him regardless of the circumstance. I have found the choice makes the journey's difficulties possible and brings hope in another day that will dawn. You know I love ya, Don

No comments: