Easter - 2018

Monday, July 26, 2010

Into Abundance!

"We went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance."

-Psalm 66:12 (NIV)
Roger Smith of Ohio wrote:

IN the small downtown café, the mood of the people was somber. Very early one morning, fire had broken out. Many items of the owner's gallery of memorabilia were lost. While we sat there with memories of better days, some patrons offered consoling words to the owner.

Soon a woman carrying a basket under her arm entered the café. A smile crossed her face as she stood with her owner-husband. I recognized her as the woman who faithfully serves the customers and always has a friendly word for each of us. I struggled to find appropriate words to say. She thanked me for my concern, put her basket down, and said with a smile, "There was no one here when the fire broke out, and after all, we are in God's hands!" As she spoke, she extended her arms with both palms up. It was a powerful, unexpected affirmation -- a simple response to a tragedy that moved us all.

Whenever I recall the fire, I see her standing there and hear her unforgettable words of faith. She is like the psalmist who captured the spirit of people in times of trial and loss: "We went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance." In all situations, God is with us. We are held in strong and loving hands!

God is a God of abundance. When I think of the vast amount of provision God has granted me...my family...my church family...just to be apart of His Kingdom and completely covered in His love... I am brought to a place of complete awe. I am speechless, song-less, and without thought (which is hard for me). He loves us beyond our faults and our limitations. He also is willing to put His hand on our shoulder and whisper..."calm down, it will be OK."

So, today I choose to live in abundance and pray for wisdom in demonstrating it in my actions.

You know I love ya, Don

No comments: