Easter - 2018

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Growing Up

My Mom made Christmas special for us. I was wrapping presents this evening and was thinking of her. She always had one present ready for under the tree the day tree was put up. Karen and I do it together. The children help us with "some" of the presents. I am very thankful for my mom and for giving me such wonderful memories. Many years it was slim "pick'ins" but mom always made it seem like we had a million.

I found this poem and it reminded me of her:
Visions Past
~ written by Roger J. Robicheau

The Christmas tree was real
That heavy tinsel, special feel

So many lights, in sparkling view
Glass ornaments, hung neatly too

An angel perched, atop it all
Seen shining down, it did not fall

The tree was watered in its stand
It's special smell, came on so grand

Nativity, was always perched
In middle window, all would search

Side windows dressed with candlelight
I'd check the view, from sidewalk sight

All was right, this child felt sure
That special time, lived in his door

I thank you God, for visions past
Which come alive, to hold and grasp

Thanks Mom, and may each of us cherish every day as if it were Christmas Day. You know I love ya, Don

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Wrapping presents has always been one of my favorite things about Christmas!
Glad your plays/programs went well! I've kept you in my prayers. I'm sure hearts were touched through them.
Blessings.