Easter - 2018

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Way to God


John 14:6-7, "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Do you know God? Christians have compromised to the point that many Americans call themselves Christians, yet we see panic and confusion...loss of love and courage...hatred and bickering...and self-centered actions. These are the Christians that are acting this way. The world has a whole other set of issues, but there is no standard to hold the world too...they openly do not know God!

I am asking about the ones that say they know God and act this way. Paul would have said, "I want to do one thing, but my flesh pulls me to another...." (Don's paraphrase) He also called this action his thorn in the flesh. Yet, we see Paul with a contrite heart and a willingness to seek repentance and forgiveness from the Almighty...a vast majority of Christians today are not seeking repentance or forgiveness...there is the attitude, "I did that already."

I wonder if what we really aught to call ourselves are "church-goers." I go see a movie and I am a "movie-goer." I watch a debate on TV and I am a "debate-watcher." I read a book and I am a "book-reader." I DO NOT WANT TO JUST BE A "CHURCH-GOER! I WANT TO BE A CHRIST FOLLOWER....and then I will know God!

The way to the Father is (Put your name in the "I") "I hear the word...then I respond to the word with confession and repentance...then I submit to His authority in immersing my entire "self" with Jesus Christ in water and spirit." Now "I" am a Christ Follower!

If you have thoughts or would like to know more please feel free to email me at dcrane@parkchapel.org.

You know I love you enough to tell you that there is only ONE way to the Father...it is Jesus Christ, no one comes to God without Him. To coexists is not the issue, but to exist in the love of God is.

- Don

No comments: