Easter - 2018

Monday, May 17, 2010


Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times.

-Romans 12:12 (TEV)


I have learned that my physical well-being is much improved by taking my doctor's recommendation and faithfully doing exercises to strengthen my body for 15 minutes each day. Devoting a small portion of each day to this routine has made a major difference in my quality of life.

This small discipline has also made me more aware of the value of Christian disciplines. I realize anew the importance of spending time each day in Bible reading and prayer. I am able to think deeply about the people on my prayer list, and I try to keep in touch with them regularly. Sometimes a word of encouragement can show someone that we care and may be what that person needs to hear right at that moment. This is one of the reasons I blog and find other blogs such an encouragement.

Another discipline of the Christian life is knowing that I need to seek help and advice when problems arise. This discipline holds true in my spiritual journey; talking with a friend and sharing problems and joys makes both of us grow spiritually. Just as beginning my day with my exercises has improved my life physically, so the time I spend in devotionals has strengthened me spiritually.

Stay strong, stay in the Word, and remain faithful and Jesus will bring new mercies every morning. - You know I love ya - Don

No comments: