Easter - 2018

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Giving Thanks!

Brenda Gordon of Aberdeeneshire, Scotland wrote,
"I sent a check to a young friend who was struggling to cope on her meager wages. Because it was a modest amount I didn't expect a lot of excitement, but I hoped for at least a thank you! Hearing nothing, I wondered if she had received the gift. Then, two months later, I bumped into her in town. She offered a casual "thanks" in answer to my query and said she hadn't had time to deposit the money yet. I felt that my gift was unappreciated, and I wondered whether I would be as open-handed in the future.

Back home I knelt in God's presence, forgiving my friend and confessing my hard feelings. I'm grateful that God is much more gracious than we are. God continues to give to us though we too often forget to return thanks. First Thessalonians 5:18 tells us, "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

God doesn't need our thanks to be happy and content. But our gratitude pleases God; and when we thank our friends and neighbors, we promote their well-being and ours."

I am taking this to heart and thank you, Lord, for all the blessings on this day! You are one of those blessing to me - Don

2 comments:

Bob West said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog. Very insightful. Hopefully, you will be blessed by my writings.
God Bless, Bob West
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/05/god-vs-science.html

Don Crane said...

Thank you Bob,
I will check it out.
Don