Easter - 2018

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sand, Snow, THE Rock

[For the director of music. Of David the servant of the LORD. He sang to
the LORD the words of this song when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all
his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:]

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”- Psalm 18:1-2

With all the snow in Indiana today (another 4 inches yesterday) instead of singing the foolish man builds his house on the sand, we could sing, "the foolish man builds his house on the snow." Snow is very unstable. Probably more unstable than sand to build a house on.

The world around us is very unstable and it will melt away over time. I want to build my house (hopes, dreams, future) on the Rock. The verse above gives us that Rock....Jesus also reaffirms that He is the Rock of eternal life. Jesus also said even the gates of Hell could not topple it over....That is where my house is built!

You know I love the snow....but I also love you - Don

No comments: