Easter - 2018

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nothing can seperate me!

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”- Romans 8:38-39
Have you ever felt separated from God? The reality is that we are never truly separated from God's love. Yes, we try to pull ourselves away and separate from the presence of God and from His love. Most of the time we pull away because of our shame or pride....which are very closely related.

God offers total and complete reliance on Him as support, strength, power, and present help in the here and now, yet we pull away. There is a great scene in the movie, "Fireproof"where the main character asks, "how can I love someone who continually rejects me?" As he hears is own voice, his eyes are open to his own actions in rejecting God. God love us, yet, we pull away and reject God over and over.

What does God do in response? He continues to love us unconditionally. Did you get that? God continues to love us unconditionally! God loves you...and me. There is nothing that can separate us from that love. Notice that "nothing" is an absolute! I don't know what you may be facing today...I know what I am facing...I also know that nothing that I face will separate me from His love...I also know that nothing you are facing will separate you from His love either!

The world presses in hard, do not fear, for our God is able to get you through. Our God looks beyond the rejection we give to Him and is willing to reach out to us, embrace us and give us strength...all we have to do is trust him for the strength....Psalm 31:5, "I entrust my spirit into your hand. Rescue me, Lord, for you are a faithful God." (NLT) Jesus used these words on the cross...I want to use them in my every breath!

God loves you....you know I love you too - Don

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was in a discussion about something like this in college & how people always say, "God where are you?!" and God's right there saying, "I'm right here!" Yet we don't hear it because we don't let ourselves.

Don Crane said...

I know I am guilty of that. Great thoughts Sarah.