Easter - 2018

Monday, January 7, 2013

A Prayer for 2013



"New Year's Prayer" is a Christian prayer by Jack Zavada. Written in poetry form, the prayer resounds with a re-dedication theme of daily surrender and obedience to the Lord.

New Year's Prayer

Lord, this year I want to change,
and I've said that in the past.
but now my prayer is different
'cause I understand at last.
I wanted my own way before,
I ignored your loving plans.
But now I'm putting everything
into your nail-scarred hands.
I promise to obey you
out of gratitude and love.
I won't be giving orders
to my Father up above.
I finally realize the truth
and so I've changed my prayer.
The safest place for me to be
is in your gentle care.
Please be my shepherd, Jesus,
that's all I ask of you.
In good times and in bad this year,
Take my hand and lead me through.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.
--Jack Zavada 

This prayer resonates with me this year and look forward the to the great things God is going to do and give Him the thanks for them in advance! You know I love ya, Don

No comments: