Easter - 2018

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Have Mercy on Us!

When [the blind beggar] heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" -Mark 10:47 (NRSV)


God is speaking...studying Mark 10:46-52, I was deeply moved by Bartimaeus's experience of regaining his sight. I thought how helpless the sightless man must have felt. All around him, the crowd sought to silence him when he cried out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

Amid all the noise and distraction of the crowd that followed the Master, the blind man's cry for mercy should have been almost impossible for Jesus to hear. Yet, that voice, that cry of desperation, reached the heart and ears of Christ. And he healed Bartimaeus.

How merciful, indeed, is the Lord! No matter what our problems, no matter what interference we may encounter, we can cry out to God, secure in the knowledge that God will hear and respond. God is speaking, may I be quiet enough to listen.

You know I love ya, Don

No comments: