Easter - 2018

Monday, May 16, 2011

Childlike Faith!


I am reading "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. I highly recommend it. This is an exerpt from page 74 concerning Childlike faith. It touched me and I think it will you as well:

"What is childlike humility? It's not the lack of intelligence, but the lack of guile. The lack of an agenda. It's the precious, fleeting time before we have accumulated enough pride or position to care what other people might think. The same un-self-conscience honesty that enables a three-year-old to splash joyfully in a rain puddle, or tumble laughing in the grass with a puppy, or point out loudly that you have a booger hanging out of your nose, is all that is required to enter heaven. It is the opposite of ignorance. It is intellectual honesty; to be willing to accept reality and to call things what they are even when it is hard."

"Lord, grant me childlike faith and forgive me for my unbelief. We miss you, Nicholas, and we know Lord Jesus that he will always be our son. We also know that you can make another perfect fit for our family as he was. So, forgive us for our unbelief and help us in living an abundant life by having child-like faith. Amen"

You know I love ya, Don

No comments: