Easter - 2018

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Those who touch us, even though we may never meet!

The one who plants and the one who waters have a common purpose, and each will receive wages according to the labor of each. -1 Corinthians 3:8 (NRSV)

The other morning I sensed the Lord wanted me to pray for the people who had made the clothes I was putting on. Not knowing who they were, I began to think about them. What country do they live in? Are they men or women, young or old? What are their circumstances? What religion do they profess?

A quick check of some of the clothes in my closet shows that they are made in many different countries, on different continents. Although I realize I can never know who these people are, they are a great blessing to me; but before that day I hadn't even thought of them. But they are real people, trying to make a living. They may work long hours in hard conditions to make my clothing, and I am awed and humbled by their work on my behalf.

Even if I tried, I could not reach them to thank them, but I can pray for them. I can pray that they will be blessed, that they know God, that their lives will be made easier through faith in God who loves them. Through my prayers, I become part of God's touching their lives.

I have also been touched tremendously by Reese' Rainbows. This is an adoption agency that promotes homes for children with down syndrome in foreign lands. I have become a prayer warrior for Vladimir B (if you click the link, he is about 2/3 down the page. Be prepared, there are a lot of children and it will tug at your heart). Much like the ones that made my clothes, I will probably never get a chance to meet this perfectly and wonderfully made children. So, I touch the picture on the screen and pray for these little guys and little gals. I pray that they will find a home and a forever family.

As the text from 1 Corinthians, we can plant and some one else may water and then someone else will harvest...you know I love ya, Don

No comments: