Easter - 2018

Monday, December 13, 2010

Why Not???


"So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them." - Luke 2:4-7 (NIV)


Dave Woods asked these questions in his sermon yesterday;
"Why not Mary?"
"Why not Joseph?"
"Why not you?"

I have been thinking of these questions all day. I am sure that Mary and Joseph did not feel qualified to be the parents to the Son of God. Nor did they seek it out or even think they were could. Then they heard from God and followed through...there is a lesson in their response for us. I am in many events, relationships, and tasks that I do not feel qualified nor do I seek to even have the job, yet God doesn't ask for my qualifications, but tells me to trust and I will be satisfied. He asks me to follow-through.

So, why not Mary? Why not Joseph? and Why not me or You? Success is in the follow-through.

Rediscovering the joy of Christmas - you know I love ya, Don

No comments: