Easter - 2018

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Planted Word!

“Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.” - James 1:21
We have a garden in the backyard. Karen, Matthew, Alice, and I have made it our project this summer. We have green beans, corn, squash, tomatoes, pumpkins, and egg plant growing. The children are loving how we watch it grow and mature. We have been able to pick beans already. The three of us pick the beans and Alice says, "Lets go and give these to Mama."

We have had to work hard at keeping the weeds out of the patch. The wind has blown in leaves and papers at times. Then there is the rabbits....we have chase them off too. It reminded me of this passage in James where we are reminded to keep the moral filth and evil out our lives. We have to ward off so much.

I am also reminded that the Word (Jesus) is planted in our hearts and He is growing in us. Jesus in our lives brings about a disciplined harvest of love, compassion, and humility. We are transformed from glory to glory. He is more prevalent and I am less visible. The old nature of Don Crane is sacrificed to a better and more productive life of service and action. As I feel this peace planted in my heart, I can hear Jesus say, "O.K. lets go and give these to the Father."

You know I love ya, - Don

No comments: