Easter - 2018

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gain Peace and Maintain IT!

With all the crisis in the world, I could not help but think, how does anyone gain and maintain peace? The answer is found in Isaiah 26:3, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." That's how we gain and maintain peace...by leaning on and fixing our thoughts on God.

The truth is, you and I are leaning on and fixing out thoughts on God or something else. When our minds are focused on ourselves, our situations, or anything other than God, a thankful and peaceful heart will always be out of reach....BUT when we fix our thoughts on God, His Son, and ALLOW His Spirit to guide us...it is then that we are able to filter our feelings and experiences through His unchanging Truth.

This life is only a journey to the next. For the Christ-follower the next life is more than we can ever imagine, therefore we make it our goal to please Him in this life and focus our attention off of this world and the things that take away our peace fade in glory of eternity with Jesus.
Maintain Peace and You know I love ya - Don

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Not quite sure how I found your blog but I look forward to visiting often. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us! I'm reading a book about finding our true happiness in God. It's written by monks, and though I don't necessarily understand that lifestyle, I think there is a lot to learn from them. It's a good read and fits right in with your post.
My aunt had downs syndrome. She died last fall at the age of 58. She truly was an angle in our family for those 58 years. What a special blessing you have in your son!
Have a wonderful week!
Blessings.

Don Crane said...

Hello Jessi,
Thanks for your kind words. God has blessed me beyond my imagination in blogging. It has truly been a new adventure. Thank you for reading, it truly humbles me to know so many people enjoy the posts.
Thank you for your encouragement with your Aunt. I am sure she was a special lady. Matthew is truly a blessing. He is growing too fast. I try to cherish every moment. Have a great day...I keep saying, "I will keep writing if you all keep reading." Take Care, Don