Easter - 2018

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving for an unshakable Kingdom

The cornucopia is a time-honored symbol of abundance, long associated with Thanksgiving. However, it was symbolic well before this holiday existed. The word 'cornucopia' actually dates back to the 5th century BC. It derives from two Latin words: "cornu," meaning horn (as in the name of that one-horned creature, the "unicorn") and "copia," meaning plentyhorn of plenty, and the names are used interchangeably. It was usually depicted as a curved goat's horn, filled to overflowing with fruit and grain, but could actually have been filled with whatever the owner wished...to read more click here.



“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,” - Hebrews 12:28

There is one day until out Thanksgiving Holiday in the United States. This verse says it all. God's Kingdom CANNOT BE SHAKEN! Now that is a big reason to give thanks. Over the years, we have tried many means to abolish God's Work and His Kingdom! Yet, it still is unshakable and still moving with mighty power; giving hope, grace, and discipline. I am thankful for that.

I am also thankful for you. The readers of this blog have opened a totally new window of ministry for me this year. I have renewed friendships from years past. I have honed current relationships with great dialogue. I have also had contact with people I would have never met before. Thank you Ed Bahler for prodding me to start blogging. Blogging is also on my Thanksgiving list.

I am also thankful for my Wife and Family! They are terrific and give beyond imagination. My family is just a preview of what is to come in December.

Happy Thanksgiving and remember....NOTHING CAN SHAKE GOD'S KINGDOM!
- You know I love ya - Don

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the beginning God created us to be plant eaters (vegan). WTo bring God's Kingdom on earth shouldn't we stop supporting animal cruelty to eat animals and their products (eggs and dairy)?
"Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" is part of the prayer Jesus taught us to pray.
We will be held accountable for every creature as Hebrews 4:13 says (in all creation).
Man's tradition nullifies God's laws to be kind to animals.
Please do research about this and teach your congregation the whole Gospel which is for all of the cosmos as John, Paul and others teach.
We can give thanks to God without offending him with eating turkey, ham, lobsters, etc.
Peace for all,
God's Creatures Ministry
www.Godscreaturesministry.org

Don Crane said...

I think Jan makes a good point, although I am not a vegan. We all know fruits and veggies are good for you. In fact, it’s been shown that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of some types of cancers and other chronic diseases.
Cranberries are my favorite and I highly recommend them. Cranberries aren’t your average fruit. They help cleanse and purify the body. But do you know how? They contain powerful nutrients called proanthocyanidins, thankfully referred to as PACs, which research suggests help keep certain bacteria from sticking inside the body and the PACS in cranberries are different from other fruits, which gives them more “anti-stick” potential. They also have something called antioxidants, like flavonoids and vitamin C, which helps to strengthen the immune system. In fact, cranberries have more naturally-occurring antioxidants per gram than most other common fruit.
Even though Jan makes a good point, There are scriptures to support eating meat. Cain and Able, the sacrifice of blood was the acceptable sacriice. After the flood, God brought the sacrifice and it was an animal. AND in Acts 10, God ordains the eating of animals as clean. Cruelty is not an option, but to use the Bible as an argument to be a vegan is also not an option.
I you can eat just fruits and vegetables, I applaud you and I am sure you will be healthier for it. As for me, I need more protein than that and I am allergic to nuts. Thanks for reading and all comments are welcome.