Easter - 2018

Monday, September 29, 2008

Financial Crisis...where's my credit card?

Are we really in a new financial crisis OR are we just realizing that the crisis is real?

Karen and I (and the children) went to the Mall on Saturday.
Why would you do that, you might be asking? Well, we purchased some shoes online through J.C. Penny on Labor Day because the shipping was free and the shoes were buy one get one 1/2 off. Karen's shoes were a size too big, so we had to exchange them. Karen needs them to wear to our nieces wedding in two weeks....aren't you glad you asked.

So, we are at the mall (all four of us) and there were people everywhere. It was like the day before Christmas and people were spending money left and right and USING CREDIT CARDS! Now I understand that there is a difference in the type of credit we are talking about and yes, I know that this will "trickle" down to the average American if something is not done, but what is the doom and gloom all about. It doesn't seem to be slowing us down.


And then there is the price at the gas pump...I rode my bike into to work today, not because of gas prices, but because it is absolutely beautiful in Greenfield today....I love the Fall... but after the mall we needed gas and I went to "Swifty" and there was a line of cars getting gas. People are still buying gas...Swifty is cheaper if you pay with cash, there might be hope in that....but the gas prices don't seem to be slowing us down.


What about the light bill....We went for a walk last night and there were lights on in every house as well as T.V. sets or I should say "plasmas." Don't even get me started on the amount of cars parked in the Walmart Parking lot....it wasn't just employees.


This morning on Fox News the commentator was explaining it this way; The American financial house is on fire and we need to put the fire out so that it doesn't burn down the house....I say let it burn. It doesn't seem to be slowing us down.

O.K...I know I am just an ignorant American, but common...Don't blow me off but realize my treasure is not in this world, but in the next. I whole heartedly believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I also know that this world is not my home, I am just passing through. I pray you do to.


Now go out and hoard up some money... You know I love ya, Don


PS - Lets not put all the blame at President Bush's White House Door-step...our country does not have ONE person that has that much power or that much blame! Oh yeah..."Obama is up in the polls...so was Kerry and Gore..."

2 comments:

IzzyBeth said...

Hee hee. Good post. I love the fall.

Don Crane said...

Thanks. I wish I could loose weight like I loose Money.