Easter - 2018

Monday, September 15, 2014

I Can!


So much of the world is convinced that I … you … we can’t.  Paul says is Phil 4:13 “I Can.”

Runner’s World (8/91), told the story of Beth Anne DeCiantis’s attempt to qualify for the 1992 Olympic Trials Marathon. A female runner must complete the 27-mile, 385-yard race in less than two hours, forty-five minutes to compete at the Olympic Trials. Beth started strong but began having trouble around mile 23. She reached the final straightaway at 243, with just two minutes left to qualify. Two hundred yards from the finish, she stumbled and fell. Dazed, she stayed down for twenty seconds. The clock was ticking-2: 44, less than a minute to go. Beth Anne staggered to her feet and began walking. Five yards short of the finish, with ten seconds to go, she fell again. She began to crawl, the crowd cheering her on, and crossed the finish line on her hands and knees. Her time? Two hours, 44 minutes, 57 seconds.

Many of us are down and scraping our knees to just qualify for the race…Paul reminds us to not give up… don’t quit! Have the attitude that I can, I can!

1 Cor 15:58 states;  “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”

“I Can” is a declaration of persistence… I can do. You know I love ya, Don

No comments: