Easter - 2018

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Greatest Serve with Endurance!


The greatest in the kingdom of God serve by methods of love, endurance, persistence, and expectation.
 
The Greatest Serve with Endurance:

Consider Luke 22 verse 27 where Jesus says, “I am among you as one who serves.” God could have easily walked away from his creation. We certain walk away from him. We chose to do it our way. Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley sang it...”I did I've loved, I've laughed and cried , I've had my fill, my share of losing And now, as tears subside I find it all so amusing to think I did all that and may I say, not in a shy way not me, I did it my way.”

In contrast, God faithfully served and demonstrated his love our direction. Romans 5:8 states, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” He faithfully served. Jesus also demonstrates to us that the greatest do not consider their way...but consider the way of serving faithfully. Believers serve through rejection, through hurt, through sorrow, through hard times...the greatest serve with endurance.

During World War II, England needed to increase its production of coal. Winston Churchill called together labor leaders to enlist their support. At the end of his presentation he asked them to picture in their minds a parade which he knew would be held in Piccadilly Circus after the war.
First, he said, would come the sailors who had kept the vital sea lanes open. Then would come the soldiers who had come home from Dunkirk and then gone on to defeat Rommel in Africa. Then would come the pilots who had driven the Luftwaffe from the sky.
Last of all, he said, would come a long line of sweat-stained, soot-streaked men in miner's caps. Someone would cry from the crowd, 'And where were you during the critical days of our struggle?' And from ten thousand throats would come the answer, 'We were deep in the earth with our faces to the coal.”
Not all the jobs in a church are prominent and glamorous. But it is often the people with their "faces to the coal" who help the church accomplish its mission. Those with there faces to the coal are serving with endurance. Christ-followers serve when it is not easy to serve, they serve when it is not pleasant to serve, they serve even when it is painful....
Serving with endurance is not about how much pain this is putting on “me,” … serving with endurance is about being comforted in the hope of our salvation and serving the “THEM.”

Let me ask you....do you serve with endurance?

You know I love ya, Don


No comments: