Easter - 2018

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Submission to President Barak H. Obama...Pt. 2

I wrote the following back in January of 2009.... apparently it will apply for the next four years as well. Congratulations, Mr. President.  Please try to work together and make a true difference for the country we all love....

 Submission to President Barak H. Obama

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor." - Romans 13:1-7


My disclaimer....I have no problem with people of any color. Race and I do not have an issue. I don't have a problem with gender. Too many woman have had profound influence on my life to have an issue with gender and leadership.

I am a conservative. I am conservative in my religion and in my politics. If I believed Government had the ability to change people's lives for all eternity, I would have been a politician. I do not believe that. In fact, I know that only Jesus has the ability to change a persons life completely and gives a new meaning to life that can only come from him. Thus, my issue with Mr. Obama is that I do not think bigger government is our answer. I also do not think it is fair to tax people that have more....sharing the wealth should not be forced, but a choice. I also have some moral issues that I disagree with the Democratic party.

In addition, I believe the Iraq War and the Afghanistan War and the 9/11/2001 are all religious wars against the United States and its citizens. We have treated them like political wars, but the reality is there are people in those countries (not all, but some) that HATE me and my family and will do anything to destroy us to honor their god. So, I am proud of the hard choices that President Bush has had to make over the last eight years to protect my family and I. Yes, there have been mistakes, but we are safe.

I tell you this so that you can see my philosophical difference with the President Barak H. Obama and Joe Biden. I also quote the above scripture and teaching of the Apostle Paul to publicly write that I believe in the United States of America, the office of President and will follow God's directive to support the rulers over me. I can do this because all authority is subject to God's authority. God also carries my journey in His heart. Therefore, I do not have to worry or fret, but express my thoughts, opinions, and service upward to heaven and God's throne.

Enjoy the pomp and circumstance...it only happens once every four years....

You know I love ya - Don

No comments: