Easter - 2018

Monday, July 18, 2011

"Lights of Glory" Another Something to look forward too.

We sang, "Because He Lives" by Bill and Gloria Gather in church yesterday. In the third verse the last phrase is, "I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He reigns." I could not help by think of these two verses....
2 Corinthians 4:17, "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."
and

Revelation 21:23, "The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the
glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp."
Theologians define the Light of glory to be, "A supernatural intellectual power infused into the soul, by which believer is enabled to demonstrate God, which never could do on their own with unassisted natural powers." It is called supernatural, because it is not a natural talent or power of our nature, as the talent for poetry, music, painting, skills, athletics, and others, all of which may be developed and highly improved by study, rehearsal, or practice. But the Light of glory is an elevation, expansion, or development of the mind, which comes directly from God, and is, in no sense, the result of human endeavors, except in so far as it has been deserved by a holy life and revealed in heaven.

Thus, God's light can also be seen on this side of heaven in glimpses. When a Christ-follower demonstrates the actions of Christ. Such actions as having a service attitude, a compassion filled heart, and a commitment to integrity while possessing a passion for life are all the things Jesus gave us before He turned to the ultimate sacrifice on the Cross. He loved us and knew that equality with God was something we could not grasp, thus he demonstrated light to us in life. We can also demonstrate this light in our daily lives in service, compassion, integrity and passion.

I also thought about a light that I am missing. As a Child, my mother would refer to my sister and I as lights in her life. I think she was referring to us as a source that brought joy and illumination to her world. As a parent, I understand what she was saying. Matthew, Alice, and Nicholas are a great source of illumination in my life. Nicholas died in January and that light is dim today, yet as we were sing and declaring that as Jesus lives, so I can face tomorrow because there is a light in Heaven, I could not help but think of Nicholas. So, as I see the Lights of Glory in that final day of life, I will see a new and complete restoration of father and son, a source of Joy and light, for a time is currently dim.

Thus, how do I live this truth practically today? The answer is in another verse came to mind in 2 Corinthians 4:6, "
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ." Yes, I grieve this very special little boy and his light is shadowed today, I know that I can face tomorrow, because Jesus lives and in His living, I also can shine a light of glory in the waiting.

You know I love ya and I am also thanking God for your being another light to me, Don

No comments: