Easter - 2018

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Providence

“Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.” - from Psalm 31
The word “providence” comes from the same root as our word “provide.” The Christian view of reality asserts there is a power greater than our powers and that power is baptized in love. God’s providence is flavored by God’s grace. So, the Psalmist could be confident: “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” And the apostle Paul could testify of his contentment no matter what his circumstances were. In the midst of plenty or want, whether hungry or well-fed, he affirmed, “I can do everything through him who gives me strength,” and he could assure the Philippians, “My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (4:19).

So, whatever we face today...we can be confident that as we take refuge in Him, He will provide for us.

"Lord, thank you for providing for me and for bringing me to the reality that you are God. Thanking you for being God. Thank you for not asking me to do the job. Please forgive me for the times I take over and forget to trust in you. Amen."

You know I love ya, Don

No comments: