Easter - 2018

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stand on the Earth!


“I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.”- Job 19:25

My wife, Karen, had knee surgery 6 weeks ago. She is still in a great deal of pain when she stands for a long period of time. Please pray for her....she was supposed to notice a major improvement, but it has only gotten worse.

This has gotten me to think about standing. I recall losing my footing and falling down our stairs in Virginia. There was reflexes and panic that tried to stop the fall but I still ended at the bottom. It was also my "bottom" that felt the pain for a few weeks after that. It is a good thing I have a lot of padding.


I remember Matthew and Alice's first steps. What a joy it was to see their little feet grab the ground and stand upright for the first time. I remember the complete joy in their faces when they realized the amount of freedom walking on two feet gave them in contrast to crawling on four.


Years before Jesus was born, Job declares that His Redeemer lives! He also declares that His Redeemer will stand on the Earth. We know that Jesus went through a great deal of pain on the Cross. He was physically tortured and He was emotionally rejected. We also know that our Redeemer lives and the complete joy in His Resurrection helps all of us to stand firm in our faith.


Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus,

Ye soldiers of the cross.

Lift high the royal banner it must not suffer loss.

You know I love ya - Don

2 comments:

IzzyBeth said...

Praying for Karen! :-)

Don Crane said...

She was able to get a cordizone shot and it seems to be helping. Thanks for the prayers.