Easter - 2018

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Struck by a Star

"Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east[b] and have come to worship him." The Magi from the East in Matthew 2:2.

"We saw his star and came to worship"... this verse struck me this morning. It was the star that guided the Magi to the Baby Jesus. It was the star that lead the Magi to worship.

I was struck by the fact that we have been called to be Jesus' star today. We are to be the ones that guide the world around us to the Christ and open opportunities of worship. We are to strike people with a "Jesus" attitude and lifestyle that will guide them to worship.

I have said this many times, "Worship is declaring how much God is worth to you." In many cases, Jesus does not have any worth in a non-believer's life. Therefore, it is our task to show them how much He is worth in our lives and be so good at it the non-believer gains a desire to gain something you have because of your relationship with the God you love. We are to be their star.

The question, "How many people follow your star?" I need to work on my star even more...I need to polish it regularly, change the light bulb when it needs it, and display it with humility and grace. I am praying that "we" will follow the star. I also pray we will follow the star's example and guide other's to the manger.

You know I love ya - Don

2 comments:

Ruth said...

It was great to see you yesterday. I miss our small group & seeing you all more often. I hope you have a great Christmas with your family. I really enjoy reading your blog. Take care!
Ruth Roberts

Don Crane said...

You too...the children are getting so big. I love the blog and we hope to see you more. Maybe we can all get together for Christmas. You know we love you - Don